I LOVE spicy! I have always loved jalapenos, hot sauces, salsas, you name it! I'm a Texas girl and i've grown up eating Mexican food. Really good Mexican food that my family makes.
This is the BEST avocado salsa you will ever try. It's creamy and spicy and it would go great with low carb tacos, taco salad, fajitas, ribs, and especially with my delicious deep fried carnitas!
1 28 oz can of La Costena tomatillos
1/4 small onion
1 clove of garlic
1/4 chopped cilantro
salt to taste
1. Drain the liquid from the tomatillos and put them in a blender. Add the onion, garlic, peppers, and avocado.
2. Puree until smooth. Add the cilantro and salt and pulse a few times to mix but not to completely puree the cilantro.
3. Taste to make sure salt is ok.
4. Store in a covered container in the refigerator for up to 5 days.
* La costena tomatillos are available in the Mexican section of your grocery store for example HEB or Walmart. They're usually close to the jalapeno and hot sauce section.
* The nutritional info states that 4 tomatillos have 4 carbs and 4 grams of fiber so they even out Net carb wise.
* There's no strange ingredients or sugar in these and they are very convenient to use versus peeling and boiling fresh ones yourself.
* The acidity of the tomatoes help the avocado not to turn brown. It's important you only use half an avocado, otherwise it might turn brown sooner.
* This recipe makes approximately 3 cups of salsa.
* I don't really measure salsa I just eat as I go, but for those of you who want to know, here you go!
Yields 12 servings of 1/4 cup each
Net carbs per serving: 0.5